Sunday, October 10, 2010

Austin City Limits Festival 2010



As a TRUE Austinite & a FAN of music, I just had to experience ACL. Why did it take me so long???
Oh yeah, I have three kids and a husband who does not like crowds. But this year was special, our 10 year anniversary!! I actually was able to do something I wanted to do!! We had a blast. I can't put into words what its like. It's an event that is one of a kind. I have never been to a more "GREEN" event ever. We were there when the gates opened to the theme song of Star Wars and stayed till the closing act. I have the sun burn to prove it. We started out watching Grace Potter & The Nocturnal, who were AWESOME! Took in some Hip Hop/ Rap with NinjaSonik,which are a very funny group. Then The Gaslight Anthem, Silversun Pickups, LCD Soundsystem, DeadMau5 & Muse. It was an amazing day. I just love music and dancing, that sometimes I think I don't feed that side of myself very often. Food Note- I had my very first Mighty Cone. It was very good. And to drink.....SWEET LEAF TEA! Yes, it is my fav. It's an Austin thing cause no one around here drinks it. You can take the girl out of Austin but you can't take Austin out of the girl. Which means nothing shocks me. I've seen it ALL. To the 60 yr old man in the mini floral skirt with a mini black tutu for evening, wear them proud and loud! To conclude my longest blog ever, I was at home and that always puts a smile on my face. I feel I can be myself and so can everyone else.




No comments:

Post a Comment